Monday, July 19

Leopard-spotted Robbery


There's this great little round, leopard-print loveseat
for sale on Craig's list.

Cute as can be.

Fun and funky and whimsical, just like you.

Perfect for your bedroom.

Wonderful in your new apartment.
But you're not in your room, not in your apartment. You're not around to buy for, to treat, not around to look forward with and laugh with and plan your future with.

I was looking forward to your future, to friends and apartments and boyfriends and college and classes and parties and jobs and getting to know my daughter, the adult, my daughter, the person. I was looking forward to becoming your friend, looking forward to the pay-off that finally comes after all the years and time and devotion invested.

But I've been robbed.

Your life goes on without me. My life goes on without you. Both of us, then, robbed of OUR now and OUR future.

I hate it all.

luvMOM